Awareness Paddle – Lindsay Ribfest

The Dragon Flies paddled up river to the Lindsay Ribfest, raising awareness of the benefits of Dragon Boating after a diagnosis of Breast Cancer. It was a beautiful day to be out in our boat.


Check out our Facebook Page for more great pictures.

For an excellent news report from Vanmeer Freepress, please visit the Youtube link.


Golf Tournament 2015

Golf Tournament 2015.

Another very successful, fun filled Fundraiser Golf Tournament was held at Oliver’s Nest, Oakwood on 12th August.

THANK YOU to all of the golfers, event organisers and volunteers, sponsors and local businesses who donated prizes and silent auction items.

The Dragon Flies are so grateful and appreciative of our local communities for their on going support.

Visit our Facebook page for the story told in pictures! 20150812_130952-120150812_130541-1

Thank You to Oakwood Firefighters

firefighter cheque presentation 011THANK YOU!!!

A big thank you to the Oakwood Firefighters for their generous donation of $2,000 to our golf tournament fundraiser.

Port Perry Dragon Boat Challenge


The Dragon Flies participated in the Port Perry Dragon Boat Challenge on June 20th. This is the first time the Dragon Flies did not host this event, but were proud to contribute to the two causes being supported.

80% of funds raised went to the Port Perry Hospital Foundation for refurbishment of the Palliative Care Unit. The remaining 20% went to the Scugog Lake Stewards.

The team had a great time participating in 3 races……and we were so excited to win a GOLD Medal in the women’s B Division!! You can view photos and a video of the day on our Facebook page